Welcome to the Introduction to the Bobcat Rehabilitation Program at Big Cat Rescue! In this training course, you’ll learn about Big Cat Rescue’s initiative and dedication to rehabilitating wild bobcats, what it means to be a Bobcat Rehab Keeper at the sanctuary, along with how we provide the best quality care for the animals at our rescue.
Overall, this training will prepare you with the introductory information necessary to act as a Bobcat Keeper at Big Cat Rescue. Upon completion of this training, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the correct safety procedures in place at Big Cat Rescue.
- Discern true statements regarding Big Cat Rescue and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission processes and regulations from statements that are false or inaccurate.
- Order the processes of the Bobcat Rehabilitation Program in sequential order.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of Bobcat Keepers at Big Cat Rescue
This course includes 5 sections that cover important topics for the Bobcat Rehab Keeper to know. The first three sections contain 4-5 lessons. The topics are as follows:
- Getting Started
- Welcome & Training Overview (this is where you are now)
- About Big Cat Rescue
- FWC Regulations
- About Bobcats
- About Bobcat Rehab Keepers
- Rehabilitating Bobcats, Part I
- Program Overview
- Rescue Protocol
- Veterinary Care
- Hospital Housing
- Rehabilitating Bobcats, Part II
- Diet & Feeding Techniques for Bobcat Kittens
- Diet & Feeding Techniques for Adult Bobcats
- Rehab Enclosures & Daily Care
- Enhancements & Monitoring
- Release Criteria & Protocol
- What’s Next?
The approximate time for completing this training is about 2 hours.
The training includes short clips of audio, video, and other interactive multimedia throughout. To ensure you have the best experience possible, please use the current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access and participate in the training. You can check to see if you need to update your browser by using the resources below.
The video below will show you how to update Google Chrome. Written instructions are also linked below the video.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to update Google Chrome
The video below will show you how to update Firefox. Written instructions are also linked below the video.
We highly recommend that you have the following hardware/software before you begin:
- A headset, speakers, or headphones to listen to audio components
- A stable Internet connection
Each lesson will have a short concept check to ensure you’ve fully grasped the important information covered before you move on to the next lesson or section. At the end of the training, you will complete a comprehensive quiz to demonstrate the new knowledge you’ve learned, and a score of 100% is required to pass this training.
If you experience any issues with this training, please contact your trainer or email us with a description of the problem you’re experiencing, and a screenshot of the problem (if possible). We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Ready to get started?
Click the Mark Complete button below to move on to Lesson 1.2: About Big Cat Rescue.